BRIGHT LIPS FOR SPRING


I am FINALLY posting after what feels like forever! I was feeling super down and uninspired to write anything but finally, I feel like I'm back in the swing of it! (Thanks to some helpful persuasion from Ohitssare)

Anyway back to the blog post! I have been feeling bright colours recently it might be from the burst of hot weather we have been having! So I thought I'd do a little blog post on what my fav bright lip colours are at the moment! 


I have tried to choose an array of colours rather than just bright pinks! Here's a swatch of the colours! 




From left to right; 

Revlon Color Stay - Miami Fever 

I love this colour at the moment, it's a lip stain and is very glossy which I don't normally like but this one is lush. It's not sticky which is great! I can't stand really sticky glosses! The pigmentation on this is beautiful too. It's sheer but buildable! Plus this was an absolute bargain, I got this in TK MAXX for £2.99! 

Forever 21 - Hot House Flower 

I got this colour so long ago and it's a staple colour for me around this season, I think it's a really unique colour too! It's really pigmented and has more of a satin finish which I like. It is really transferable so you have to top up quite a bit which is a downside. I think this costs around the £3/4 mark! 

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet - Frambourjois

This is a colour that's really grown on me! I hated it when I first bought it as I thought it didn't suit me at all but recently it's all I've been wearing! The formula for these is beautiful! It's so creamy and has such a nice finish! I think these retail for around £6/7 but they always have really good deals on in boots and Superdrug's for this line so I think I got a buy one get one free deal when I picked this up! 


NYX soft matte cream - Morrocco 

I spoke about this colour in my MOTD blog and in my NYX swatches. I am in LOVE with this colour. It's absolutely beautiful, I love the formula, the pigment, the price! Everything! I couldn't fault it honestly! It's a matte lipstick but doesn't feel drying which I love too! I think these retail for £5/6 and you can now get NYX at boots which are amazing but so bad for my bank account!

NYX Liquid Suede - Life's a Beach 

When I first this product I was so disappointed! The colour was far too bright that I was kinda overwhelmed with what to wear with it but since trialling it with different makeup looks I've learned to really love it and this will definitely be a great Spring and Summer colour! 


Too Faced Color Bomb - Bigger Berry 

I really like this product. It's a beautiful berry colour. The formula is very sheer which is nice because sometimes you don't want heavy lipstick on and you just want something light and easy to wear and I think this is definitely an easy wear lipstick! 



I hope this has inspired you to try some bright lip colours in your spring / summer wardrobe! 

Thanks for reading! 

Tay X 

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig