MAKEUP INSPIRED BY A FILM PART 1


I recently did a poll on Twitter asking my followers what their favourite Disney movie was out of a selected few.

I gave the choice of Peter Pan, The Beauty and The beast, Tangled and The lion King.
I didn't tell my followers exactly WHY I was asking them and just waited for people to carry on voting. After leaving it live for people to vote for 24 hours I went back and checked the results.
I was quite surprised at the results, I had my favourite in mind which I was expecting to win but it didn't!

* DRUM ROLL PLEASE *



The winner by 41% was The Beauty and The beast.

This is when the real fun happened. I decided to do a mini-series on my blog on makeup looks INSPIRED by film covers or a particular scene in the film, I took inspiration from the colour scheme and the general film itself.
For "The Beauty and The beast", I chose an iconic scene in the film: the scene in which The Beast gets a makeover and Belle is wearing the amazing yellow dress. I entered a little picture of the exact scene below.




I decided to use the two noticeable colours of Blue and Yellow to be the main part of the look. I then added a hint of pink (as seen on Belles lips and cheeks) and a tad of black to add definition!

Here's the end look:



I decided on a blue and yellow eye, using the blue as a crease colour and added yellow across the lid. I add some winged liner to define the eyes and mascara and lashes. (Ardell, Demi whispies).
I wanted the face to be flawless and porcelain-like to add the Disney element as all these Disney princesses look like dolls!!

After that, I added the pop of pink to the lips and cheeks!




Here's a more in-depth list of the products I used:

The main makeup product I used for the eyes was this baby:



The Urban Decay Electric Palette 

This is and will always be one of my favourite palettes. 



I used the shade Chaos and Gonzo on the crease to create that wild bright blue, this actually matched the colour in the beauty and the beast picture perfectly! I love this product, I know some people either love or hate urban decay shadows but for me, they are my ride or die. I can't live without my naked palettes, I love the pigmentation and creaminess of all of their shadows! 

I then used the yellow from this Morphe Bright Mattes palette.




Again, I love this palette. I think all of these are actually really pretty and wearable in certain ways. I obviously wouldn't go out with this yellow and blue shadow all over my face but as a pop of colour, this palette is a go-to for me!



For my base makeup, I used a new foundation. The Maybelline Fit me Dewy finish foundation. Now if you follow me on any social media platform you will know how much I LOVE the Maybelline fit me matte & poreless foundation. When I was in America I decided to pick the dewy one up as I have dry skin and thought it would work even better with my skin than the matte one. I hated it as soon as I put it on. However, after getting back from holiday and my skin has got back to its normal dry state it actually is better than the matte for me! So dewy and pretty but still flawless finish. 

I then used naked concealer in fair neutral to correct any dark circles and blemishes.

I used one of my favourite mascara's, Mac's In Extreme Dimension 3D black lash to prime my lashes before the fake lashes. If anyone has really short lashes like me this is so good for darkening and lengthening your lashes. 100% recommend if you're in this tiny lash committee! 

I then used for my lips the Revlon Ultra HD matte lip colour. I will be doing a full review on this soon so stay tuned for that! 

Obviously, this look isn't a wearable going out look but it was so fun to do!

I'm going to try and do one once a month on my blog as I really enjoy the makeup blogs I do and this feels kind of unique and different!

If you wanna see the looks BEFORE they are on my blog then add my snap chat: Tmaemakeup and follow me on Instagram: TaylorCareymua ❤️

The next poll will be on my Twitter this week so keep your eyes peeled

2 comments

  1. This is such a gorgeous look! Love the eyes! Can't say I'd be brave enough to wear something like this out but it looks amazing.

    Megan | Lazy Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it could be a bit much for a trip to tesco's! Thank you!

      Delete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig