MAKEUP INSPIRED BY A FILM PART 2





I have finally put PART 2 of the MAKEUP INSPIRED BY A FILM mini-series up! I have 2 others already planned (I put a poll on my twitter & get you guys to vote out of four films)!

If you hadn't already guessed this is my Avengers inspired makeup look! I gave my twitter followers the choice of four Marvel films, (Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy - Avengers won by 44% of the votes)

Part 1 was inspired by The Beauty & The Beast you can check it out here ---> http://bit.ly/2aO8V4t




This look was actually incredibly hard to do as I wanted to incorporate all the eye-popping colors but they didn't all match so it was definitely a mission! I am quite happy with how the look turned out, it's definitely not an everyday food shopping kind of look!



I wanted the colors to be an accurate depiction of The Avengers! I chose the Red cut crease for Thor's cape, Captain America's shield, and Iron Man's suit. I chose the Blue under the eyes from Captain America's suit, Thor's hammer and Iron Man's hand.The purple and green (eyebrows and highlight) was of course for the Hulk and the shiny grey lips were for the rest of the Avengers to tie them all together.

I'm going to go through how I got this look and what products I used!





So first up, BASE;

For primer I used Elf Hydrating Face Primer, I literally swear by this. I have super dry skin and it actually really does hydrate your skin but it also glides over any dry patches you have, it's very silicone-y which I love but not everyone does. I think this would be a love/hate kind of product but for £5 it's worth a try!

I used my beloved Maybelline Dewy & Smooth Fit Me foundation. I have spoken about this countless times now but it's defo my fav foundation at the moment.

BareSkin concealer has now become a staple piece in my makeup routine. I will definitely be repurchasing. I used this, obviously to conceal but also to highlight. You really don't have to use a lot of this product as a lot goes a long way!

I then used Sephora Loose translucent finishing powder (Not pictured, soz). I am still searching for my perfect finishing powder, so if anyone has any suggestions that are good for dry skin then hook me up, please!

To finish off my base, I spritzed NYX dewy finish setting spray. I love this, probably more than my Urban Decay setting spray! It leaves your skin looking healthy & glowy but also helps your makeup stay on all day!

Highlighting was the most difficult part but I decided to use my Urban Decay Electric Palette to create the green hue I wanted. I used a mix of the shadows - "Thrash" & "Freak".




EYES:

The eyes were the pivotal part of this makeup look!

I used Makeup Forever Pigment in a bright red shade, This hasn't got a product name but they are pure pigments. I knew I wanted a bright red sharp cut crease and it was so hard to find a red but this is so amazingly pigmented, I definitely will be buying other colours.

My Urban Decay Electric palette made another appearance, I used the bright blue shade "Chaos" under the eyes. I then used the Purple colour "Urban" for my eyebrows. I adore this palette and I definitely got my money's worth with the amount I've used it!

For the lids, I used a mixture of the Body Shop glitter eyeliner in Silver and a Silver Face Glitter from the Sassy Company. I also dropped some of the glitters under the eyes to create glitter tears. This was to give my eyes a metallic shine to them.

For the eyeliner, I used my trusty Motives Jet Black Gel eyeliner in little black dress. This is the most pigmented gel eyeliner I've ever got! I absolutely love it, I've had it for about a year and it still hasn't dried up!

Mac Extended play is my go to for mascara so ofc I used this product on this look! I coated my top & bottom lashes to create a sort of spidery effect. (This is as spidery as I can get them without them going clumpy, #NOLASHES)





LIPS:

For the lips, I simply used a grey eyeliner (Dior Kohl Stick in Smoky Grey) and put vaseline over the top to create the shiny look to it.




SO THAT IS THE LOOK! I thought a fun thing to do would be to calculate how much this look would cost and maybe add some cheaper alternatives?

Total Look:

Primer: £5.00
Foundation: £5.99
Concealer: £22.00
Powder: £12.00
Setting Spray £7.00

Pigment: £13.00
Electric Palette: £38.00
Glitter eyeliner: (not sure about £5.00)
Face Glitter: £8.00
Eyeliner: £15.00
Mascara: £15.00

Dior Eyeliner: £17.50

TOTAL: £163.49

(ALTERNATIVES THAT I COULD FIND) 

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - Dupe for BareSkin Concealer
£5.99 

LA Girl PRO Powder HD Translucent - Dupe for Sephora Translucent Finishing Powder
£5.00

UV Neon Eyeshadow - Dupe for Makeup Forever Pure Pigment
£3.79

Makeup Revolution Salvation - Dupe for UD Electric Palette
£7.99

Stargazer Glitter Shaker - Sassy Company Face Glitter
£3.49

Rimmel Lash Accelerator - Dupe for Mac Extended Play Mascara
£7.99

L'oreal Paris Color Riche Le Smoky Eyeliner Mystic Grey -Dupe for Dior Kohl Stick in Smoky Grey. 
£4.99

I hope this was a fun read and gave you some cool alternatives to some well-known products! Part 3 will be up soon but there's gonna be a fun twist:

IT'S A COLLABORATION WITH OHITSSARE!






We posted on my twitter and asked you lot what your favourite 90's FANTASY FILM was out of the choice of 4 films!

Hook, Jumanji, Edward Scissorhands and The Borrowers.....

With 36% of the votes, Edward Scissorhands won!

Keep your eyes peeled for when the next Makeup Inspired By a Film post comes out!

Thanks for reading,

Tay x

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig