NYX Swatches and Reviews




I recently bought a few products from NYX cosmetics. I have recently become such a huge fan of the company and the cosmetic line. I had been dying to get my hands on the NYX lingerie liquid lipsticks as soon as I saw them advertised on their Instagram page! Thankfully, I got them on Wednesday! (after waiting over a week for them to arrive in the Boots store!) . I also got a cream contour kit, I have not tried one cream contour kit which is crazy since I can't leave my house without contouring my face, in fear I will be mistaken for Miss Piggy! I was really excited to try this. The last two products I got were Matte  lip creams!

NYX Lingerie Lipsticks 

I got the shades: Beauty Mark (The darker of the two, Brown) and Exotic (Brick colour). I adore both the colours I got. They retail for £6.50, which I think is really good. The quality of the lipstick is worth a lot more! I've only worn the colours for a few hours so I can't give you a full review yet but I will keep you posted! However, so far I love them. The application is so easy and the colours are extremely pigmented, the colour is the exact colour you see in the packaging which I love!



This is Beauty Mark. I love this colour, its very Autumnal but I would still wear it in Summer because I wouldn't be me without dark lipstick! I have very dry lips naturally so I was presently surprised when I put it on that it didn't dry my lips out (and give me bumhole lips). However, I did find them slightly drying later on in the evening and they did start to seep into the natural cracks of my lips. I knew this would happen with matte lipstick so I wasn't too upset and just whacked some vaseline over the top. It still looked okay with a glossy finish too! 


This is Exotic. This is my favourite one of the two colours, which is quite surprising as I thought I would love the darker colour more. This is a deep pink colour, I love it because it's not too in your face, you could wear it during the day or at going out at night with a more dramatic eye makeup look. 

I think the colours really commute well on the skin and as you can see from the picture above the colours are true to form too! Even under harsh flash light and overexposure! 

Matte Lip Creams 


The next two products were definite impulse buys! They retail for £5.50 so I knew if I didn't like them I could kind of justify spending the money by putting them into my mua kit. Luckily, I loved them! I decided to go a bit more out of my comfort zone with the colour choices as I have got into a rut of wearing nudes a lot! (Plus they are perfect holiday colours for when I go to LA). I got the shades "Morocco" (The Coral/Orange one) and Amsterdam (The Red/Pink one). Morocco is my favourite colour, it's so pretty! 




This is Amsterdam. I really love this lip cream. It's beautiful and I am beyond surprised at the pigmentation of this. I assumed because it was a creamy matte that it would lack in the pigmentation area, boy was I wrong! Plus the creamy consistency means my lips don't feel so dry which is great! Nothing worse than super dry lips but loving the lipstick you are wearing too much to take it off!


*I haven't taken pictures of "Morocco" yet because I'm going to do a featured makeup look for this! So keep your eyes peeled!



NYX Highlight and Contour palette 

This is the product I am regretting buying so far. I had very high expectations for this product, maybe too high, it just wasn't up to par for me. I am going to persevere and see if using different brushes affects the application and blending! So far though I definitely wouldn't repurchase. It retails for £12.00. 

Overall. I think it was a pretty successful shopping trip if you ask me! I want to try more lip creams. Does any of you have any recommendations? I'd love to hear them if you do! 

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this blog post! 

Tay x


Links


No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig