MAKEUP INSPIRED BY A FILM PART 3

Some of you may know that I have a series on my blog called "Makeup Inspired by a Film". I've done two previous posts, The beauty and the beast and The avengers. This one, however, is a bit different. I teamed up with Ohitssare to do a collaboration!

We did a poll on twitter a couple of weeks back and asked you guys to decide what your favourite 90's Fantasy Film was! The answer was EDWARD SCISSORHANDS!

Now if you haven't read any of my previous posts on this series then here's a little rundown on how I decide on the looks etc,

I ask my twitter follower (@tmaemakeup) what their favourite film is out of 4 options. The one with the most votes win. We then research the Film poster (normally the most well known/popular poster the film has) and take inspiration from that. I pick a few colours that really pop in the picture and elaborate on them to create a crazy makeup look.

Obviously, this isn't a help blog, this is literally just for fun so if you want to have a look at the weird makeup looks we created then keep reading!

Here is the movie poster we were inspired by (Sarah and I decided to both use the same poster to get similar looks but not identical looks)





Here is my look: 






This post is going to be all about how I created my look if you want to see how Sarah created hers I'm going to leave the link below!



Eyes

I used my bae, morphe 12NB palette on the eyes to create a dramatic cut crease. I used one of the darker shades in the palette to create the sharp line. I then carved the line out with my Boing concealer from benefit. I decided on a double winged liner with a pop of glitter in the middle. The inner corners of my eyes were quite a big part of this look so I added a matte blue from my Electric palette and used a naked white pigment (super glittery) over the top to add the shimmery effect. I then used eyelash glue and some sequins to give it the extra sparkle. I wanted the sequins to reflect the silver from the scissors. 

Lips

For the lips, I used Mac's black track fluid line and mix a small amount with the blue brown pigment for the outer corners. I then mixed black track with the white naked pigment I used on the eyes, for the inner part of the lips. I added a sequin to the top & bottom lip too just to join the eyes and lips together. 


Cheeks & Contour

For the cheeks & contour, I decided to not make it super sharp. I used a big fluffy blusher brush from RT and used a purple shadow from my Morphe Bright palette to add some deeper colour to the cheek. I didn't want it to be an obvious purple cheek so I added Hoola Bronzer to contour and soften the purple. For the Iconic Edward scars, I decided to jazz them up a bit and used body shoppers glitter line to create faux glitter scars. 





Base

For my Base, I used Mac's face & body in C3. I used a buffer brush from Urban Decay and then pressed it in with a damp RT sponge. For my concealer, I used a mix of NYX foundation Stick in fair & Mac Mineralise Concealer in NC15. 


This is a fun look for anyone who has a fancy dress party coming up and what's to go as the female Edward Scissorhands. 

"Edwina Scissorhands, the bitch with the poppin highlight and the Scissorhands to die for"

 hahaha. (totes kidding, maybe)

Here's the link to Sarah's blog post! Her look is so pretty so you should definitely check it out! 




Thanks for reading,

Tell me what you think in the comments below 

Tay x 






No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig